Friday, March 7, 2014

Churrasco dos Gringos

Rylee and I enjoyed a 5-hour bus ride to the Porto Alegre airport passed out in the back seats next to the bus bathroom. We went to meet up with Rylee's husband, Jake, and made friends with a woman waiting next to us at the airport while we waited for him to arrive. She was very blonde, which I thought was unusual. But in our state, Rio Grande do Sul, there are a lot of German descendants. Gisele Bundchen is from Rio Grande do Sul, for example. Our friend at the airport taught us some slang: Gurí and Guría (guy and girl) and gave a mini German lesson.

After Jake, Rylee’s husband, arrived we took the bus to meet up with the ETAs in Porto Alegre (POA). 
That night we had a ‘Churrasco dos Gringos.’ Our POA ETAs invited over their friends from the Inglês sem Fronteiras (IsF) program at the university and we ate a lot of meat, drank a lot of beer, and altogether had a great time. See the ‘meat and beer’ picture below. Catherine (not me – another ETA) taught our Brazilians friends a classic American sport (beer pong). I’m not sure when I went to bed but what I do know is that people were still partying and starting to go to bed as I woke up to catch my flight that morning. 


Check out all that raw meat




Meat n' Beer Pic

No comments:

Post a Comment