Thursday, March 20, 2014

As Coisas Essenciais

The essentials: Guaraná, coffee, and caipirinhas. I don't know how to describe Guaraná. It's a soda made from a seed that grows in the Amazon and it's great! My friends tell me that the gringos always love Guaraná. ;) And cappuccinos come standard with chocolate powder (chocolate em pó). The coffee in general here is so good. It's much more concentrated.
drool
Grumpy until I feed the addiction
The traditional caipirinha is made with cachaça, lime, and sugar but you can get a caipirinha with vodka or rum and with different fruits like maracuja (passionfruit) or abacaxi (pineapple). Cachaça is a hard liquor made from sugar cane. Everyone insists it's just a regular alcohol but I think it's part horse tranquilizer because every time I drink it it KNOCKS ME OUT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment