Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Volteiiii


I arrived in Brazil on Sunday and I'm very excited to be back! Rio Grande feels exactly the same. I've already seen lots of my friends. I'm just happy as a clam. The only thing missing is a certain someone way up in Michigan. :)

My total travel time to Rio Grande was 28 hours. Unfortunately, when I arrived in Rio de Janeiro, my suitcases did not arrive with me. Either they jumped out of the plane somewhere over the Caribbean or they were chilling at the Miami airport.

It's day 4 without my bags. I think my patience for the astounding ineptitude that is American Airlines wanes as the only outfit with me becomes increasingly saturated in my sweat. I'll just leave that image there...

Yesterday it reached 100 degrees and today it was 94% humidity. I'm not sure that my hair ever dried this morning after I left the house. It was either wet from my shower or from my sweat. The only clothes I have are a pair of jeggings that I've worn for the past 5 days and some tank tops that my friends let me borrow so I'm struggling to remain positive about my delayed luggage.

Other than that, I've just been running errands. I'm trying to register for classes at the university but first I had to register with the federal police. There's a lot of paper work involved. 

I've moved into a new house here in Cassino. I like it a lot better than my house last year; there's more natural light and it's closer to the main avenue.

The view from my bedroom window


My roommate also has a kitten named Penny. Penny and I have been getting along well, even though she's a bed hog. She's a weird little cat: she likes coffee, oatmeal, and taking showers.



No comments:

Post a Comment